• My grandfather is not giving his property to my father

sir my grand paa has 1 acre land..which was by him.....he done a partition deed of his property to his two sons...but now he is transfering his property to one of his son and his doughter....so we have right to claim that property by using partition deed....
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
is partition deed duly stamped and registered ? is property ancestral or self acquired? if partition has been made and property transferred in name of 2 sons how can he give it to one son and daughter . better contact a local lawyer and show him the partition deed and other papers
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47814 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The partition deed entered among your grand paa & two sons is itself questionable by his daughter in view of equal shares in the property to children irrespective of sons and daughters.So,your right to claim that property on the basis of said partition deed are very limited.
Thanking you,.
Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Is the property his self purchased or ancestral? Has the partition deed been registered? If it has been registered according to the law then it cannot be cancelled unilaterally by him now. You can challenge the cancellation of the partition deed as and when he does it.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer