• Partition of sump

my husband has purchased top floor of the house it is on the terrace ,in aggrement terrace area is common between 3 owner ,another owner is at the ground floor,there is water tank which is common between two of us,water comes in the kitchen & terrace washing area .khata is seperate .there is onother tank on the top of our house water comes to bathroom from that tank.the person from whome we purchased house has cut the tap which was comming from that tank in the terrace washing area ,he put corporation water tap ,coroporation water comes only once in two days ,moter pump is there but that he only uses not conned to our top tank,water bill still on his name .can we get part in sump,
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
you have to talk to other flat owners . water from tank is to be shared among all flat owners . you can use the top water tank . offer to pay charges for maintenance of water tank .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41396 Answers
2369 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, if you want to clarify these we have to go through the sale deed and other documents then only we will help you.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4453 Answers
200 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Issue a legal notice to him for disconnecting the water supply.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
617 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Issue a Legal notice. You can file case against him also.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
400 Answers
115 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

being the owner of the property, you are entitled for the water and other basic necessities. if there is only three houses as described as against several houses, then you can issue a legal notice to him and reddress your grievance. however, without looking into your sale deed and your vendor's sale deed, no clear opinion can be given.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer