• Property share not distributed correctly

We are 2 brothers and we have inherited property X from our mother in India  .On which my brother constructed g +4 Aprtment in which i have not got any share 

HOw to deal with this kind of issues and also I would like to know on whose name the property is registered by my mother
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Did your mother make a will during her life time? Was a deed of settlement respecting this property made between you and your brother whereby your brother was allowed to construct an apartment thereon? Did your mother during her life time authorize your brother to raise a construction on the property after dismantling the same? When did your brother construct the apartment? If the property has been inherited then it belongs equally to you and your brother. As such, your brother could not have made a construction without your express sanction. 

You can proceed to issue a lawyer's notice to your brother and then follow it up by filing a case for property division in the court to cull out your share therein.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Contact any local advocate along with documents and if it is inherited property and if your mother not executed any will then you will get equal share in the property and you have to file suit for partition before the jurisdictional court.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

on your mother death you and your brother have 50%share in said property . if your brother is not giving you share file suit for partition
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47766 Answers
2833 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer