• Muslim man want divorce from wife ; she is not ready

muslim man who is my boyfriend since 7 years is married to a muslim lady and has a 8 year old daughter. I am a hindu but have converted in 2008. My boyfriend has been asking for divoce from wife but she is not in agreement. She has been wanting to involve women cell & do chaos with my family and at my house and office. And threatening us from socially defaming us by doing all this NGO related activities plus police cases on us.She has been knowing about this relationship always and now is in a revolt and aggression attitude that if you both have troubled me I will also not leave you especially me by doing all the harm that she can do to a girl. Also has been talking about leaking some videos & pictures of ours and getting our news published, posters in residential & office areas, etc 
To escape from this embarassment we have as of now said we have withdrawn but actually we do not want to.

Pls advice what shall we do to get married & stay together.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
wife consent is not necessary . Muslim husband can give divorce to his wife without her consent , without assigning any reason . All that is necessary is that the husband should pronounce talaaq; how he does it, when he does it, or in what he does it is not very essential. 
your boy friend can contact a local Qazi for guidance if he so desires before proceeding with divorce . 

you can issue legal  notice to your boy friend wife not to leak any private videos or pictures . in the event she does so you can take legal proceedings against her
do not meet your boy friend till his divorce . in any case mulsim can marry again during subsistence of his earlier marriage . however it is in your interest not to marry your boy friend till he is divorced. 

if his wife defames you then you can lodge police complaint against her . file criminal case of defamation against her . you can also sue her for damages .
Mr. sethi is rightly advise, you can file a crminal complaint u/s 499 of IPC for defamation or file a civil suit before civil court and claim compensation/damages from her.
Your boyfriend, being a muslim, can divorce his wife at any time by pronouncing talaq on her without assigning any reason. You may issue a legal notice to her through your lawyer asking her to desist from leaking any of your pictures and videos.
Panchayats and NGO's have become a nuisance in this country. If she involves them and launches any kind of a smear campaign against you then file a case for defamation against all of them including your boyfriend's wife. They can be set right in the court.
All legal position is before you as above.In this position rethink on the issue.Is your so called boyfriend ,really interested in marrying you and live with you or else.He knows all above and why he has not come forward till now.
Anil Gupta