• To know the survey number of a plot

Dear Sir,

I am the elder son of my family and I have two brothers. My mother was expired two years back. In her name we have a plot in my home town. We got an successor certificate from thasildhar office  when we sold one row house of my mother property after her death. 

Due to some reason I was totally disconnected from my family. I dont have any documents of my mother property and everything is with my father. As I recently noticed that, the property of my mother was sold without my knowledge. When  I spoke to them, I couldn't got proper response. 

As I have no documents or even survey number of the land, how do I know, whether they sold that property in legal way?

I couldnt get from my father or brother as they not ready to give this.

If I get survey number of the land, I can go for EC. do I request by RTI to registrar?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
1) you can take search in sub registrar office whether any sale deed has been registered by your father and brothers .

2)on your mother demise you have 1/4th share in property standing in name of your mother . 

3) the property could not have been sold without your consent . 

4) contact a local lawyer and get the requisite information from sub registrar office
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44297 Answers
2572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you cause searches in the local registration office though professionals then you may come to know about the dealings made behind your back.
To restrain them from making more sales in future you may file a civil suit for partition and injunction so your may not deprived of your due share in the property of your mother.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12530 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Engage a lawyer to conduct search from local Registration Office to ascertain whether the said mproperty of your mother has been sold or not without your knowlede. Give the addrress of your mother's property to enable the lawyer to find out the rest,

2. You are one of the 1/4th share holder of the said property of your mother and without your consent, no part of it can be sold,

3. You can file a partition suit claiming your share of the said property.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18151 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If your mother died without making a will then after her demise her husband and all children succeeded equally to all her properties.

2. Since you had an equal share in the property of your mother the same could not have been sold without your consent.

3. You can move to court to challenge the sale made by your family members and to cull out your own share in the property sold by them. 

4. To restrain your father and siblings from selling without your permission any other property owned by your mother you can move to court and seek an injunction against them.

5. As regards the documents of the properties, you can obtain a certified copy of the sale deed from the office of the local registrar.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

 1. you should get a title search done in the Registrar office where the property lies, this will let you know whether the property has been sold.

2. Send legal notice asking for your share, if not sold demand not to create any third party right without taking your consent. 
3. Engage an advocate and proceed in the court.
4. The details what you have is sufficient to get a search report to know about the current status of the proeprty, your advocate can do this .
5. You have equal share in the property and  they cannot sell it without your consent in writting.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1510 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer