• Motor claim

I was involved in aan accident and its a fine case now , i have been to the police station and did all the needful (like getting on the spot bail, gave photos , signed papers.) and they gave me a date to be in court , which is on the 4th of feb, 2014, and now all of a sudden the police call me and tell me to come to the police station to sign , i asked the police what is it i have to sign , and he said that i should come to the police station and then he will tell me . so what should i do now
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
you have been released on bail . no harm in going to police station
Hi, pls let us know what is the case number or taken help of an  advocate and go the police station and which police station they called for so give full  information, then we will help you.
Engage a lawyer for the court hearing. This is a case carrying a term of imprisonment. Go to the police station with your lawyer and do not sign any document without a go ahead from your lawyer.
Ask them to send summons. After receipt  of the summons you can visit police station. Usually after availing the bail, police dont have any requirement of your presence in the station. 

Give intimation to the Insurance company about the accident and get acknowledgement for the same. 

You may receive summons form the court after police file the charge sheet. That time you should appear before the court. At that time you engage the service of an advocate to be on safer side.