• Husband's name to be added in property after wife's death

I have the house  my wife name . she died .now I want to change her name from property and add  legal heir name  what is procedure in city servey office they are insisting for legal heir certificate ? is it ok
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Akola, Maharashtra
it is better you contact a local lawyer . on your wife death do you along with your children are legal heirs . for mutation of property in your name along with other legal heirs obtain letters of administration from court . even legal heir certifcate is to be obtained from court these days
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47935 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If your wife died intestate(without bequeathing property under  a Will) you being one of the legal heirs in case wife leaving behind by you & children,are entitled to succeed the property by changing from your wife name to your name on revenue records on the basis of death certificate initially.
Thanking you,
Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

I presume that your wife did not leave behind a will. If that be so, you will need a legal heir certificate from the court. Once the certificate is obtained by you the property can be transferred by you in your name.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer