• Husband's name to be added in property after wife's death

I have the house  my wife name . she died .now I want to change her name from property and add  legal heir name  what is procedure in city servey office they are insisting for legal heir certificate ? is it ok
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Akola, Maharashtra
it is better you contact a local lawyer . on your wife death do you along with your children are legal heirs . for mutation of property in your name along with other legal heirs obtain letters of administration from court . even legal heir certifcate is to be obtained from court these days

If your wife died intestate(without bequeathing property under  a Will) you being one of the legal heirs in case wife leaving behind by you & children,are entitled to succeed the property by changing from your wife name to your name on revenue records on the basis of death certificate initially.
Thanking you,
M.R.SUBASH,Advocate
Subash M R

I presume that your wife did not leave behind a will. If that be so, you will need a legal heir certificate from the court. Once the certificate is obtained by you the property can be transferred by you in your name.