• Can I get divorce?

hi..i m a housewife almost 3 yrs married. my husband is a software eng. he is quite simple n always busy in his work. i dont find my marriage working as a normal marriage.although i dont hv any kind of problem where i can blame him. Can i get divorce frm him..as i dont feel this marriage working.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
Try to understand your hubby,he is working for family containing you.However,you can always start the divorce proceeding but difficult and time consuming.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You can file for divorce on mutual consent if that is what you really want. But as a human being I would advice to relook, consult a family counselor. Or plan a baby. If you have no problems with your husband, the Court will also try to reconcile to save your marriage.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
898 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

few misunderstandings may crop up in life due to communication gap. so always try to solve the issue by directly speaking with him. however, you can get divorce.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If both of you agree for divorce then you can go for mutual consent or other wise it is not so easy to get divorce based on your statement.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4562 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

before filing for divorce visit a marriage counselor . it appears that although your husband is doing well professionally you feel lonely on account of his long hours at work . these days in corporate sector most jobs demand employees work  over 14 hours a day . on account of intense competition employees have no option but to work so long hours . 

it is better you also take up some part time work . it will keep you busy since you dont have a child at present . 

if situation dosent improve after counselling file for divorce . better do so by mutual consent as contested divorces take years to be dsiposed of .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47916 Answers
2844 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Divorce should be the last resort when the differences between the spouses are beyond any reconciliation. Unless and until marriage has reached a point of no return an effort should be made to save it. In your case I am of the considered opinion that marriage has not yet reached a point of no return, and it can still be retrieved out of rough waters. 

As advised by other experts, you should visit a marriage counselor. The jobs in the corporate sector are very demanding. He is spending most of his time at work and this is the reason why you feel neglected by him.

Meet a marriage counselor and share your feelings with your husband. If nothing desired comes out of it then you may separate through a mutual divorce.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Is your husband aware of your decision? What is his take on the issue? I suggest you to discuss the issue with him once. 
If both of you decide that the relationship is not working out, you can decide the future course of action mutually. 

If both of you are not able to discuss and solve the issue yourselves, take the help of elder/friends or an advocate.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
117 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer