• Probate will in Mangalore

Need to probate will in manglore taluka.as my dad was residing there had immovable property in manglore taluka and mumbai also.he lived in manglore and registerd his will in manglore taluka.what would be court fees & will the probate in manglore aplicble for mumbai property also
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1) you can apply for probate of will in Bombay high court as your father owned property in Bombay and Mangalore

2) court fees for probate of will is Rs 75000 in Maharashtra

3) probate granted would be for Mangalore and Bombay properties

4) if you want to apply for probate in Mangalore local lawyer can guide you as to court fees payable in Mangalore

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

court fee levied on probate on ad valorem basis so please give actual market value of the property thereafter I give opinion about exact court fee chargeable in your case.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


The court fee shall be 3% percentage on the valuation .30,000/ maximum

The court fee for probate is calcuted on the property valuation by the registrar of the ocurt .

depending onthe market value it can be filed in district court of your district or the high court.

ye you can apply for the probate in Mangalore if the Mumbai property is mentione dinthe WILL the order by the court in Karnataka is binfding in Mumbai property as well.

Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1642 Answers
212 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The Court fee for applying for probate depends on the value of the property willed.

2. However, the maximum court fee to be paid is Rs.50 K for applying for probate.

3. Since the probate of the will shall have to be taken only from one court, the probate application shall have to be filed before the Court having jurisdiction on the areas of most of the willed properties.

4. In the instant case, you shall have to apply for the said probate at Mangalore Court.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If your father has left some properties in Mumbai also and the same finds place in the Will, and if our are resident of Mumbai, you can file a probate petition before a court in Mumbai too.

The court fee is a state subject and differs from one state to another hence you can confirm this locally.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer