• Accident case

Dear sir, I Umesh Gowda Met with an accident .I was driving my Car I've just passed the signal and was driving slowly but suddenly two girls aged about 17/18  ,jumped the traffic signal without green signal because the traffic policeman tried to catch them as they just had a small collision with a bike at the signal.The traffic police who was sitting at the center of the signal stood up and ran towards them to catch up.as i was just started to move from the signal as i got green signal,i drove 40-60 feet. The girls which i have mentioned were jumped the signal from other side of the signal circle and rammed in to my car from behind. They were not watching the road at the time of the accident,they were looking backwards to the police man. One of the girl injured and i immediately took her to the hospital with the help of public and my friend who was sitting with me.I took her to the govt. hospital and then she had been shifted to pvt.Hospital. She was their in the hospital for 3 days and then discharged. After the accident we went directly to police station and i gave my statement.They said at that time that they will withdraw the case as mistake happened from their side. But yesterday i received a call from traffic police that i need to come to court and need to apologize for the over speed and not taking her to the hospital . But i did no wrong so why should i agree that i have done a mistake.My case number is CC 2251/14, case is in Hassan court ,Karnataka. Please help me in this. I dont believe local lawyers as the always want a mess up as they cas gain something from out of it.I need your guidance.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from HASSAN, Karnataka
Dear Querist

only case No. is not sufficient to check the status of the case.

if there is any FIR filed by them against you then you may fight the case on merit with the help of lawyer or if you think that you are able to handle the case yourself then there is no need of any lawyer for fighting the case.

basically, it is only a case u/s 279 of IPC, you may fight the case on merit and try to collect the evidence in your favor as hospital record, CCTV footage of Red Lights, call records, etc....
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. You shall have to find out what has been alleged against you in the FIR,

2. Under no circumstances agree for what the police asks for like apoligising for overspeeding etc.,

3. Those will be admission of your guilt,

4. Engage an experienced lawyer to handle your matter.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18164 Answers
439 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) It is important to find out of the police has got an FIR registered, if registered what are the charges granted against you.
2) Do not admit having oversped or apologize before the police as demanded by the police.
3) In order to handle the entire case you need to take assistance from a local lawyer.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2233 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If you have been asked to appear in the court then it implies that FIR has been lodged against you. Since FIR has been lodged it in incumbent that you obtain bail for yourself, in the absence of which you will be sent to jail.

2. Do not apologize in the court as you are not at fault. Let the police prove that your guilt. You should contest the case through your lawyer.

3. If you confess to the charges a jail term may follow. 

4. Engage a competent lawyer to bail you out.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hey,  you will just be asked to pay a fine of some Rs.2,000/- or so and the case will be closed.   So plead guilty. 

The girls will then proceed with the case and will be compensated for their injuries through insurance.

So don't worry.   Incase you don't have insurance then you should fight the case.
Advocate, Bangalore
21 Answers

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer