• Sent scanned aadhar copy to wrong email

Yesterday I wanted to get printout of my aadhar card and to get printout I forwarded scanned copy of my aadhar to a computer shop owner. But by mistake I typed wrong email id (typed [deleted] instead of [deleted]).
I am afraid if the wrong recipient can misuse my aadharcard copy.

Additional Information: I have lost original aadhar copy 3 years back and reported it in the nearest police station. I have the copy of complaint with me.

Please advise what should be my next step.
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

3 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers


2.Jut imagine that you would submit this documents in many offices ,private and public and what if they took it out and misuse.

3.So shun these unfounded fear and chill.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

send an email to the recipent that aadhar scanned copy was sent to him by mistake

2) request the recipent to delete the email sent and not to use your sanned copy of aadhar card for any purpose what soever

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

in any case aadhar card contains your scanned photograph

2) it cannot be used by any recipent as photographs wont match

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you should inform the cyber cell for GD entry. take copy of GD entry because if it may be misused by him then you can initiate proceeding against him under information technology act.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

the copy of complaint with the police will provide immunity to you in the event of any misuse of the lost aadhar card by some miscreant.

So you need not be worried about it nor about sending it to the wrong person's mail id.

Better be careful in future in this regard.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85404 Answers
2236 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Send another email to the recipient to delete the email containing the adhar card as attachment which he received from you. Additionally send an intimation to the jurisdictional police station narrating the sequence of events and obtain acknowledgment from the SHO/

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer