• Registration made as a wish deed

Recently my husband did a registration of a land in his name from his brother as a wish deed.in the deed it is also stated his brother nor his family have no rights in the property.will there be a problem in future while selling it as we got it as ishtadhaanam.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
There is no deed such as 'wish deed'. If the rights have been relinquished comprehensively in the deed by your husband's brother then he has lost all his rights in the land.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
21587 Answers
577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

never heard of term wish deed . it appears to be a relinquishment deed which has been executed by your husband brother in favour of your husband . your husband is absolute owner of said land and his brother nor his family would have any claim on said land . i do hope that relinquishment deed has been duly stamped and registered
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
36400 Answers
2020 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, pls clarify us which deed your husband  has entered, as my friends said above i have not hear wish deed.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4372 Answers
181 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

I also assume that your brother in law has executed registered Relinquish Deed. if so, e has clear title over the property. 

Its advisable to obtain Khatha transferred in the name of your husband asap to avoid future problem.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
397 Answers
113 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer