• Procedure to get Sale deed & EC from Mumbai Sub registrar office.

Hello All,

I would like to know the legal procedure in obtaining Sale deed & EC from Mumbai Sub-registrar office for the details of my Grandpas property since after his demise his Apartment in Malad has been vacant and we are unable to locate his Will copy and his apartment association are unwilling to provide us the document number, we have the following details with us CST No. [deleted] and Reg No BOM/WP/HSG/TC/10670/99 2000/2000 date : 13-3-2000.

We had approached the registrars office who stated that without the documentation number they will not be able to provide the sale deed and EC, i humbly request you ll to give me an advice/suggestion since we would like to send a legal notice to the Secretary of the apartment to provide us the requested details ASAP.
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Christian

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1)you can obtain sale deed copy from sub regsitrar office by taking search in its records

2) if you have the flat number, name of the parties , CTS number of the flats in the society you can obtain copy of the sale deed from sub regsitrar office

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Unless you have some details of the document i.e the document number, date of registration of document (which could also be tentative date) it is not possible to trace it.

2. Since it has not given the document despite being told the details of the document you should firstly serve a lawyer's notice to it and then file a suit for mandatory injunction, if required.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam, before you have to issue a legal notice to the secretary of the apartment, you have to give one representation through registered post for details of membership as well as your father property details, if not give after wards issue a legal notice. If you want more advice in this regard, I will send legal notice to them for the same. ... by Chandrashekhar Vithal Jadhav, Advocate & Legal Consultant, Bangalore.

C. V. Jadhav
Advocate, Bangalore
545 Answers
18 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

You can approach the municipal office within the limits of Malad and procure the details of the owner of the apartment/flat number located in that particular place by giving the flat/apartment number.

From the records you will come to know the name of the present owner as recorded with them and also the details of acquiring the flat.

You may get the property details including document number etc which would be helpful for you to obtain copy of title document as well as EC.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer