• Divorce


I got married and its been just 8 months. After marriage i came to know that she was not loving me but she started torturing me with all the ways, she cut her hand, broke her hand just for simple things and there was nothing normal with us like husband and wife.
she also has major health issues from before itself and her parents dont support her much. Its like she is on her own. She just need me to be with her and earn money, she wouldn't let me meet my family either. I want to file a divorce, but dont know what could i do. Please help me how could i get thing thing done.

My email id: manojv_ge2@yahoo.com

Thanks & regards,
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
You may file for divorce citing cruelty and mental harassment as a plea.
Feroz A. Shaikh
Advocate, Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations
4.4 on 5.0
you cant file for divorce now . wait for 4 months . only after period of 1 year of marriage can you file for divorce . you can file it for mental cruelty . contact a local lawyer
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
24650 Answers
1320 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Hi, you can file a divorce petition on the basis of cruelty inflicted by her and if she has major health risk then you can also file divorce on that ground also provide you have sufficient documents to prove before the court, and one important thing is that you have to wait one year of your marriage,before applying for divorce.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4147 Answers
140 Consultations
4.3 on 5.0
u can divorce on grounds  cruelty but after one year of marriage
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations
3.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
15220 Answers
139 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
24650 Answers
1320 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18828 Answers
472 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12698 Answers
261 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5822 Answers
63 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3622 Answers
137 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
520 Answers
18 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2871 Answers
43 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
915 Answers
54 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1945 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0