• Mental torture by in laws

I am a 35 year women , having two daughters 5 and 2 years, married for 10 years,I worked in a reputed industry for 6 years before kid, I left my jib after kids.

My husband is ok with me but he afraids all of his family members. We live in Delhi and my inlaws in Haryana..
my mother -in -law always keep my husband against my parents (who also live in Haryana)..since after marriage..I keep on adjusting

but 3 yeas ago there have been a huge quarrel between my parents and my in laws and husband , as he demanded divorce in front of all family members.

After that also I keep on Adjusting with him on the conditions that he will not talk to my family at all .
2 years ago when my small daughter took birth , then also my parents visited to delhi and he did not even look at them.
Now to settle down the things, yesterday my parents went to my in- laws with sweets, but son of elder brother of my husband keep them standing on gate for 10 min. by not offering them to enter in home.
then the elder brother of my husband also came and and refused them to meet my mother - in -law. After insisting so much he agreed and keep them sitting on gate to wait.

After 15 min my mother -in -law came and took them inside and force them to have maafi for the quarrel happened 3 years ago to elder brother of my husband . They did that as well...but still matter did not resoveled and my parents came back with sweets as they did not keep them.

Now my inlaws are not agreeing for all these facts with my husband.. and making him again scolding my parents for pushing me to quarrel.

I am in extreme mental torture. CAn any law be applied for such kind of torturing.
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) since you are staying separately with your husband with 2 daughters you should not bother too much about your in laws

2) dont engage in any quarrel with your husband

3) your parents should in future avoid going to your in laws place

4) no doubt the behaviour of your in laws is condemnable but try to keep your interaction with them to the minimum

5) if you cnat adjust file for divorce by mutual consent and seek custody of 2 daughters

6) also alimony for your self and mainternance for the children

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. This is more personal problem due to interference of your in laws.

2.Since your husband is not tortuous so do not got for any illegal intervention s the same may ruin your marriage.

3.Talk to your husband in person and make him understand these things.

4. Go forhomiday with him and then sort things out.

5.i think if you stay separately with your husband then the problem would not happen anymore. Convince him in doing so.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In these circumstances you can file a case under section 12 of DV Act to seek protection order and injunction against your in-laws to restrain them from subjecting you to further acts of domestic violence and also interfering in your marital life. If the order passed by the magistrate is violated by them then a criminal prosecution can be launched against them under section 31 of DV Act and they may convicted on your solitary statement.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

it is fit case of cruelty u/s 498A and domestic violence if house is ancestral property of your husband or rent is paid by your husband. in devoid of above facts you can file a case under section 498A IPC, humiliation of parents is an offence of cruelty.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer