• Problems after 6 years of marriage

Sir, I am from a christian family and my wife is maithil brahmin. My parents agreed for our marriage before 6 years ago in 2007 but my inlaws never accepted our relation. My wife didnt want  to study after marriage and didnt want to talk to her parents as well. I was the one who insisted to continue her studies and keep in touch with her parents. Her parents once sent a notice in name of my father and myself that we are forcefully keeping their daughter in our home for domestic help etc. They also called us soon after our marriage to their place saying that they want to remarry again according to their customs. We went there and didnt find any trace of marriage preparations instead we felt they are going to do something terrible so we left for our home the very next day. Even after that I told my wife that may be they hate me but they are your parents, you should talk to them frequently. Everything was going well since July 2013. My father had a surgery and my wife was worried about him. I told her she should go and meet him. She came back after 3 months with a totally changed personality. We had a fight in december and she left for her place. While leaving she asked me if she could ever return. I said its your home, doors are always open. The moment she landed there she called and said I worked so hard in your house, I was insulted many times, I want to stand on my feet now and when I asked about her return, she said you need to wait for 4-5 years and after that I will see if things are working according to me I might return, and if you cant wait go for divorce. I was shocked. I was hospitalized for some days and when my mother called her she said her parents are saying that if she leaves they will kill themselves. Her family always tried to separate us and now they dont have to put any effort. I am 29, I am not sure even if i wait to years, is she going to come back or not. I love her a lot. I cant imagine myself with somebody else. I dont know what to do. Please help.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
file for RCR since you love your wife and want her back . if she refuses to stay with you then you can always file for divorce . in case she is agreeable file for divorce by mutual consent
Since you want your wife back you may file RCR. If she resists any legal attempt by you to bring her back then you may accordingly decide whether you want to sustain the marriage or end it by way of divorce.
u must try to convince her if she does not agree file divorce by mutual consent
The ball is in your court.
you are 29 years old now . if you wait it may be counter productive . what is the guarantee that your wife will come back after 5 years? if you file for RCR your wife will have to decide whether she wants to stay with you or want a divorce . if she returns to matrimonial home then its good for you . 

even if she agrees to a divorce you would have time for second innings . you can remarry again .