• 498a/377

What to do if accussed falsely of 498a
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

Apply for and obtain anticipatory bail

2) contest the case

3) 498A cases take 10 years to be disposed of

4) 80 per cent of 498A cases are false and end in acquittal

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, don't bother too much, if the police registered FIR against you, then you can move a anticipatory bail in the City Civil Court , normally court will grant anticipatory bail in 498/a offence.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5607 Answers
336 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1/ You can do nothing at the beginning except to apply for bail.

2. Once that is done then wait till submission of charge sheet.

3.On submission of charge sheet apply for quashing.

4. If quashing is not allowed then contest the trial on merit.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the FIR gets registered then apply for and obtain anticipatory bail. 70% of the battle is won the moment AB is obtained. Thereafter, you can either face the trial or move the High Court for quashing of FIR.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

For false 498a or 377, you have to challenge the same properly on merits during trial proceedings or you can plan to file a quash petition before high court under section 482 cr.p.c.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85421 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer