• Maintenance after divorce


A woman got divorce in 2004 with one time maintenance of Rs. 90,000/-.
Now she neurology patient, admitted 4 times in a year & paid the hospital bill
of approx. 4 Lacs. Can she again petition for maintenance as her ex-spouse is ex-serviceman
from Army with financial income.

Pls. guide.. 



Name: Arun Sharma
Email: arunsh90@gmail.com
Phone: 09899274570
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
Yes. Under the provisions of section 25 of HMA such request can be considered in view of varied circumstances.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
570 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

she can move court for necessary reliefs . enlcose copy of her medical bills . court will consider her application . since amount of Rs 90,000 awarded was insufficent husband may be directed to pay some additional amount to his ex wife
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46885 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

as adviced earlier she can move to court under section 25 HMA & ask additional maintenance as per varied circumtrances
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Yes she can file a petition again in view of the change in circumstances. The court might just order the husband to support her financially given her medically sensitive state.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

under the circumstances explained by you, it is not possible to claim any more than what she has already taken as part of full and final settlement. however, your earlier divorce order needs to be scrutinized.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer