• Mutation completion

My father are two brothers and 3 sister two sister married 1 sister married but missing for more than 10 yrs, me and my father elder brother son only living elder brother and wife dead is living in the house presently with boundary wall separating both of our portion and partition done by court also by partition suit , married sister earlier gave consent and signed but now when we want to complete the mutation and get seperated completely both the married sister (having one child each) are not signing the affidavit nor taking owelty money.They are only telling that we don't want anything ,nor we will sign,or give objection
1.Can u suggest how to complete the mutation for our portion and separate the house tax in kolkata municipal corporations?
2.My father who is the only male alive after my grand mother and grand father who're already dead a long time ago ,my father alone has to bear the house taxes ,can he separate his portion and pay tax independently?
3.In future do I his son can complete this mutation in his absence if he expires ,and how?
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

1) rely upon decree passed in partition suit for division of property by metes and bounds

2) married sisters had given their consent in partition suit by affidavit

3) apply for mutation of property

4) notice would be issued to married sisters

5)if no objection received mutation would be done of property in your father name

6) he would have to pay property tax for his portion of property

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

her objection is necessary when you grand father has died after September 2004 otherwise not because before said period daughter has no right in father's ancestral property and also on self acquired property if it has devolved upon your father and no objection was filed by her.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

if above condition is fulfilled then you can do mutation procedure after death you your father because you are the legal heir.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Has the court divided the property by metes and bounds i.e physically? If the property has been partitioned physically on court orders you are free to apply for mutation of your separate share to the corporation even if the other family members are not on board.

2. Consult a Kolkata based lawyer.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have stated that 'Partition done by court and also by partition suit'. If that is so, apply for the said mutation certificate duly enclosing the copy of the said court order in connection with the partition suit wherein the affidavit of others will not be required.

2. If partition has been done by court order against the partition suit filed by you, your father should separate his partitioned portion and pay taxes for his portion only.

3. Let him file the application for mutation now. On his demise, you can be substituted in his place.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If it was a registered partition deed, then the mutation has to be approved by the authorities, if they refuse to do so for some reason which cannot be rectified, then you may aproach court seeking direction to the authorities to get the property mutated.

2. The partition deed has an answer, your father cannot do anything alone by himself in the absence of any proper partition.

3. As a legal heir you can approach the authorities but then also you would require no objection from other share holders.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer