• Mutation

I want some help regarding Mutation of a property I had purchased in Guptipara in 2014 which belonged to my husband's family. 

its been over 3 years but till today i am being made to run around for mutation by the the local lawyer who did the registration of the property. he claim that the offices are shut all this time and I beleive he hasnt even filed my application yet. I am not getting any support from anywhere on this.

I am running from pillar to post and want to know who can i contact to close this issue. i beleive it is the blro's office in jirat.

Pls help. 

Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

If you are dissatisfied with your lawyer services you can change your lawyer

2) it is not possible that revenue authorities office remain closed for period of 3 years continuously

3) only local lawyer can guide you as to the office you have to approach for mutation purposes

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


If you doubt that the lawyer that has been hired by you has not performed his duties, you can engage some other lawyer to look into the matter and do the needful for you. Office are not shut for 3 years, I suggest you to engage some local lawyer who can do the task for you.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18079 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If the papers are right and you have purchased the proeprty through a valid sale deed from a rightful owner and all the necessary papers are ready for mutation then the Municipal Authority is bound to mutate the proeprty in your name.

2. When there is unnecessary delay in mutating the property without any cogent reason then you can file writ petition in high court agaisnt indication of the concerned public authority.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Visit the local Tehshilder's office yourself and file the application for mutation duly attaching the copy of the sale deed evidencing that you have purchased the said property from its earlier owner.

2. Wait for few days/weeks for getting your name mutated.

3. If the Tehshilder fails or neglects to mutate your name, file a writ Petition against the said Tehshilder for his inaction seeking relief.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It does not take longer than a month of two for the process to culminate. It is time for you to change your lawyer.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have purchased a property by a registered sale deed, then you become the absolute owner of the property provided the vendor had marketable title to sell this property.

After obtaining the registered sale deed, you may apply for mutation of records in your name on the basis of the the registered sale deed directly with the Tehsildar's office.

You do not have to depend on any advocate for this purpose.

An advocate does nothing than to just act as your messenger. You skip or ignore him and approach the Tehsil office directly and get the mutation work done on your own, you will find response if you approach directly with an application for the purpose.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer