Dear Sir, I have faced CAW cell Trial on last week 21st nov. they have given me dowery article list and took my signature on receipt of list. Also told me to submit a accepted list. while found that half of list is fake. even my side articles are listed in it, and some articles are listed from my side which are never given, what is meaning of accepted list in this list. She included all items which she brought food item, fruits, transport , beauty parlor, item purchased after marriage either by me or her. gifts to me and my parents. please help/guide me to reply the accepted list
Asked in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Do not accept anything which is already in her possession.
However do bear in mind that the gifts she received from any side of the marriage is her own exclusive stridhan.
We suggest submit a list of all her stridhan which bought during her marrige and deny other items which are stated in application.
Advocate, New Delhi
1)whether at the time of marriage, the families of both the bride and the groom prepare a list of articles and gifts being exchanged.
whether Representatives of both sides signed the list ?
2) gift s given by you and your family during marriage and after marriage form part of your wife streedhan
3) similarly gifts brought by your wife at time of marriage whether in cash or in jewellery or household articles form part of her streedhan
whether marriage expenses are part of dowery article like fooding dj,Hall Guests (boarding Exp) pandit after marriage festival rituals gifts like on KarvaChauth, dipawali and Teej. theses expenses are included in Dowery article list. Please suggest.
Asked 2 years ago
Marriage expenses are not part of DOWRY . similarly gifts given at time of festivals would not be covered by dowry
No, these expenses can never be included in the list.
Law of the land does not support that.
1. The proceeding before CAW cell is not a trial. A trial takes place only in a court of law.
2. Accepted list implies the list of articles drawn up by the wife and accepted by the husband.
3. If the articles which did not constitute the streedhan of your wife have been added up in the list then you ought to refuse signing the list.
4. You may tell the IO that articles included in the list were never a part of her streedhan. Do note that gifts given to her by her parents and your family at the time of her marriage are a part of her streedhan.
5. Since your wife has lied before the CAW cell the objective of the proceedings before CAW cell i.e reconciling the differences may be defeated, in which event the FIR may be lodged against you, If and when the FIR is lodged you should immediately apply for anticipatory bail.
1. Proceeding before CAW has no legal teeth,
2. Have you mentioned that you have received the list only to verify and do not admit that those mentioned in the list are not the articles she had brought alongwith her or were gifted by you or relatives,
3. The aritcle brought by her and also what have been gifted to her even by you and your relatives are her streedhan which shall have to be returned to her by you,
4. You also submit a list of her streedhan still lying at your house which she can take away before the CAW Cell.
No. Marriage expenses and the articles gifted after marriage during festivals like Diwali & Karwa Chouth are not considered as part of Dowry.
Deny all the listed items, mean time make necessary efforts through negotiations and bargain to settle the issue outside the court in amicable manner.