• Stamp duty in UP on property gift


I am having a commercial property and residential property in Uttar pradesh. I want to trasnfer it to my daughter (29 Year of age) in a form of gift. I need to know if i have to pay the stamp duty ? If yes then how much on the value of commercial property & residential property i have to as pay stamp duty. 

I heard that there is no stamp duty if we want to gift immovable property to blood relative i.e. daughter. Is it right. Kindly guide me.
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1) stamp duty is state subject and varies from state to state

2) in case gift is made from father to daughter it attracts concessional stamp duty

3) exact stamp duty local lawyer can guide you

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95216 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The rate of stamp duty is 2% in UP.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can transfer the property by way of creating gift deed or settlement deed infavour of your daughter .Gift deed attracts 2%stamp duty on market value of property in Uttar Pradesh.

Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
4080 Answers
111 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In many states there is no stamp duty for a transfer of property made to a blood relative, but only a UP based lawyer can throw light on the position in UP.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Once the Gift Deed is signed by both the parties, implying transference and acceptance, it is mandatory to register, if the Gift Deed is of an immovable property. Also, it acts as a firewall when you are facing a legal dispute, as unregistered Gift Deeds are inadmissible in court.

To transfer the property through gift deed, gift deed attracts 2%stamp duty on market value of property in Uttar Pradesh

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer