• Any advice?

I am an Indian and I have a friend who is permanent resident of another country Georgia. I wanted to go over to Georgia when I realized that he was in Georgia on a permanent residency. I asked him to help me for Jobs here, when he repeatedly told me that there were no jobs available here and not at all well paid, He works from home for a US company. But I kept on forcing him. Also when he gave me the link to book the Visa, I did not do it and asked him to help, in the meanwhile he told me that laws have changed and lot of Indians were being deported.I told him that I would take a chance,He spoke to an agent and told me that it would cost a certain amount and told me the same, which I agreed to pay and I deposited it in his account. The cost of the Visa is $20/. But the agents do charge money. I got the Visa after 3 rejections and finally it was done, I was sent the visa and I booked the tickets and inspite of telling me not to use a particular airline, I used the same one as it was inexpensive and landed up and was deported at the same instant, the flight people themselves told me to change the date. I have started to blame my friend for giving me a duplicate Visa. The visa must be a original one or I would not have entered a flight at all. I again asked him to help me out and forcefully deposited a small amount of money to give to the agent. Its just been 2 months with the December month full of Holidays, I have called many times to my friend trying to find out what has happened. He answers usually trying to tell me that maybe he will try to get an interview arranged but stopped answering me for a week now Now I have sent him an email that I am going to complain and I would do it as a cheating case, . What advice can I be given
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Christian

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

You can’t do nothing against him, if the story is like this. He has no obligation to help you even though he receives the amount even otherwise you have to prove he has unlawful gain.

Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
4080 Answers
111 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)no case of cheating is made out against your friend

2) you wanted to go to georgia

3) pestered your friend he merely gave you link of agent .

4) you were informed that indians are being deported yet you insisted on going abroad

5) your freind is not to be blamed for deportation

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I am not sure why you was forcing that person so much for your visa.

If you blindly depend in someone without knowing him then such fraud is very likely to happen.

The amount you sent seems to be not much.

if that is so then forget this chapter and chasing that person would not yield any result.

If you are serious to go to georgia then visit its Embassy office in India and take information in person and then take the final decision.

In the meantime you can inform the local police about this incident.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you were fully aware that indians were being deported from georgia

2) you spoke to the agent on basis of refernce given by your friend

3) i presume money was transferred in agent account

4) better option would be to forget the issue rather than filing case of cheating against your friend .

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Look you are wasting your time by applying for visa and now by conceiving of a criminal case against him. The fact of the matter is he is living in Georgia whereas you are in India. Even if you file a criminal case against him in India you will not be able to bring him before the Indian court, whereas to file the criminal case in Georgia you are required to be in Georgia. So learn a lesson and do not lose any further money. If you want to go there then do your homework before applying.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer