• Fraud and cheating by girl and her family

One of my friends works with me in same company,we were good friend,she left the Job after sickness and after some time I left the Job and Open my own property business,she asked me help for Job ,January 2014 I give her job offer of rupees 12000 per month she accepts the job and commit me to come after some days ,I am bachelor and she also and we both were finding marriage partner one day she propose me for marriage I accepts her proposal ,then she starts to talk me her mother and father for marriage,I talked her mother on phone and meets once,After few days she told me her Father terminated from DTC due to any reason so she needs some money I talked her father and transfer 10000 rupees in her account on good faith because we were going marry thats why I trust on her and her family after some days she again needs money for family and after some days she told me somebody has filed case against her father for cheque bounce then i paid 20000 , some time she told me her mother is sick and serious sometime she told me her father is sick and some time she told me she ill and some time she require money for daily house hold expenses,I asked her to come on job in my office but she never come in my office even she don,t know where my office is,In between 6 month from January to June she had taken approx 3,00,000, and 3 gold rings and some cloths for marriage ,In July 2014 she told me denied for marriage,i talked her family they also denied then I asked them my money and my Gold rings back which is given for marriage. They denied everything and threatening me to jail in false case of woman law power with their daughter shipra,Even I had not do any wrong or any kind of relation with her just we were talked. By the luck of chance when I gave her money I do NEFT to her account 214000 which i have proof in my bank statement,I talked to My lawyer and she send her legal notice to ask 214000 which she had taken she replied and accepts she had taken money but she replied it was her salary and Incentive while she was not my employee she replied i gave her job offer of 12000 and some is incentives and rest of money she had returned me in cash,while she had not returned any thing and she was not my employee even she dont know where is my office,I gave her money on trust which they bulds now they are not refunding any thing and threatening me to use false case against me of woman law,
What is the best solution i Don,t need money back but this kind of people are dangerous for society so she should be punished ,no another person can.....
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from New Delhi, Delhi
1. it is good that you have documentary/electronical proof of payment. 
2. on the basis of it immediately file a case of cheating and civil suit for recovery of money. File it asap.
3. Do not delay in filing the cases as stated above. These cases would help you a lot to get bail in the event she files any case of sexual harassment at workplace or sex on promise of marriage.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12525 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist

File a civil suit before civil court for recovery of money and send a complaint against them to police, NHRC/NCW regarding their threat and your apprehension, these complaints will be very helpful for you in future if she filed any false cases against you.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4793 Answers
219 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. It appears to me that the entire fact has not yet ben revealed about the matter,

2. You have bestowed unusual charity on her,

3. However, since you have the evidence of making payment of Rs.2,14,000/- to her file a Recovery Suit against her,

4. You can also lodge a police complaint of cheating against her. It will be difficult for her to prove that she was employed with you or that she has repaid some amount in cash,

5. She has no case to file against you as of now.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18141 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You advanced money to her without the mode and purpose of transfer and mode and time of repayment of the loan being documented. This is the inherent weakness in your case. 

2. However, you do have proof of amount being paid to her. I presume that you have sufficient proof to nail her claim that the amount was being paid to her towards her salary. 

3. As she has already denied your claim in response to the lawyer's notice issued by you, you may now proceed to file a suit for recovery of money against her on the strength of the proof in your possession.

4. In addition to above, you may also file a criminal case of cheating against her. 

5. She might come forward to settle the matter out of court with you once the court issues a notice to her. You may then withdraw your case.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

she is your employee then she is entitled to get only 12000 per month , if she got more that her salary so it is presumed by the court that either it was personal loan or advance salary for meeting her requirement. you should collect all evidence and take print out of transection  receipt. you should also collect information regarding to her necessity at the time of credit. it'll help to to prove that she is bearing debt liability and evade herself to repayment so this false case is lodged( if she file any case).
in worst case you'll loss interest thereupon because you have no money lending licence. but ultimately you have right to get money. if you able to prove that there is marriage proposal then you can get gold rings also.
file a case because you have already served legal notice regarding repayment of money and return of gold rings.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4973 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer