• Father threatening to kill husband

I'm writing this letter with much grief. I didn't have a happy childhood. So fell into love and eloped with my boyfriend last year. Soon after I reached husband's home my father who was abusive started calling me to come back. I replied I won't and told him not to disturb. After 8 months my husband went to Qatar for a job. I was two week pregnant. My father came to know about this. He came to our home and said I need care and is taking me to my mom. First I objected but father in law said there's no one to care here as he was alone. So I went with my father. Mom was happy to see me. After 1 week I got abortion. Father accused husband's family. But I was suspicious about the food given to me. I called my husband and he told me to go back immediately. But my father called him and said I'm not coming back. I argued with him. He beat me and my mother badly. Now I'm going for a part time job. I contacts my husband frequently. My father is pushing me to divorce and threatens to kill us both. I want to live with my husband. Pls help
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) file police complaint against your father for criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC

2)record his threats .

3) you and your mother can also file DV case against your father and obtain protection order if he assaults you and your mother

4) refuse to divorce your husband

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concerned,

With a woman like you who seems to be educated enough such comments doe not looks good.

BE STRONG - File a complaint against your father, Go Back to your Husband wherever he is , you can also file a criminal complaint against your father for getting your child aborted forcefully.

Don't agree to Divorce - do not file any divorce or any other suit / complaint agaisnst your husband - ask you husband to take you back.

Best of Luck

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1309 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have been detained against your will by your father in his house or at any other place then you can through your husband or any friend move the High Court through a habeas corpus for your release and then file a FIR for criminal intimidation and also for killing an unborn child against your father. The High Court will set you free when you are produced before it by police. This is the most expeditious remedy available to you.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to leave your father's home immediately.

You can lodge a criminal complaint against your father for the reason to get you illegally aborted

You can also lodge complaint against your father for criminal intimidation and beating and assaults as well as for threatening to kill you and your husband.

Make sure that he is pushed behind bars at least once, he may not wag his tail after that.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer