• Will and registration of property in view of EPPB

Sir, my father died on 01.01.2016 leaving behind his wife, me(son) and daughter(elder daughter married in 1987). According to his registered will executed 3 years prior to his death, my mother can enjoy the rents on house property for life, without selling rights. After her demise, I ( son) can enjoy the property with selling rights. After my father's death, I did not change the ownership in govt. records in anticipation of complexities. Now in view of the rumours about e-property pass book , I wish to change the ownership in favour of my mother without compromise on my rights as per the will. Kindly advise me as to how I can approach and the procedure. I also inform you that there is no dispute among ourselves. property was distributed among ourselves as per my father's words during his life.
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Kavali, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
There is no confirmation from the government as yet on e-passbook and the same nay be considered as rumour as yet.
However you can very well conclude mutation of your name in respect f the property.
To d the mutation you would require the consent of your siblings.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13114 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) apply for mutation of property in name of legal  heirs as per father will 

2) enclose father death certificate , relationship certificate like ration card , birth certificate 

3) copy of father will 

4) proof of payment of property taxes till date 

5) affidavit that you are the legal heir 

6) if no objections received mutation would be done in your name 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46637 Answers
2757 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since your father died leaving behind a will you and your mother can apply for mutation as the property has devolved in terms of the will made by him. You have to apply to the jurisdictional tehsildar for mutation. Take assistance of  a local lawyer in this regard,
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer