• Why driver only at fault?

My son while driving a bike met with an accident.
few girls aged around 20 years crossed  the double road running
at wrong place and confused him.

While saving them he crashed and had fata on the spot accident.
The girl he save escaped with few scratches.
Can I lodge FIR on the girl for not following the basic trafic rules, causing 
accidents to other fellow users on traffic. Such negligent pedestrians can cause
huge accidents on road.
Imagine Sir, a city bus full of passengers had to apply suddent break to 
rescue a pedestrian and all passengers get injured/ bus tilts or the bus may hit other bikers/cars.....
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law from visa, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
Sorry no case can be filed agaisnt the girl.
The driver must drive the car or bike at such a speed that even at sudden occasion he can manage the speed and stop the vehicle.
Hence during accident event at the fault of the pedestrian the driver of the vehicle is always held to be negligent of rash driving.
So move on life. There is no other option.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13191 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Driver of vehicle has to apply brakes to save the pedestrians who don't follow the basic traffic rules 

2) pedestrians crossing road in midst of traffic and causing accidents can be sued to pay compensation for damage caused to the vehicles and injury to the driver for his fault 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46904 Answers
2773 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have evidence in support of your allegations against the girls then you may register a FIR against them for casing grievous/simple hurt to your son due to their negligence, but they will be let off with a fine.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer