• Registration of Proposed NA Plot

I've booked a plot which is a proposed NA plot and as the amount has been paid in advance, I like to know if there is a way I can get it registered as a proof of purchase to avoid any hassle or fraud in future.

I've the payment receipts from builder, but cuurently he has provided a draft agreement which doesn't seem notarized. I would liketo be on safer side in case any oblogations arise in future.

The plot title is clear and has been investigated from my end with the help of an advocate. Thr land is located near Pune and falls under Purandar taluka. Please advice how should I confirm on authencity and stay safe by registering the plot in some way.
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
ask builder to execute registered sale deed in your favour as full  amount has been paid by you to builder in advance 

2) draft agreement has been sent by builder for your approval 

3) get the draft agreement vetted by local lawyer and request builder to execute sale deed at the earliest 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46662 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please note it is not safe to advise on clarity of title until and unless I manage to check all the documents related to the plot.
So take help of a legal professional and get the document checked by him.
If there is any doubt you can take help pf another lawyer.
Do cause searches from local registration office.
The following documents are essential to check the title-
1) Land titles/ construction permits/ Approvals from authorities :
2) Agreement :
3) Title clearance certificate :
4) Income Tax clearance (37-I and 230 A):
5) Stamp duty and registration:
6) Society clearance and membership:
7) Taking possession of the flat:
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13122 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The agreement to sell does not require mandatory registration. Within the sweep of Registration Act even an unregistered agreement to sell is legally binding and enforceable through a suit for specific performance against the party which does not perform its contractual obligations. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can enter into a sale agreement which can be registered before the concerned registrar.

The draft agreement will not be registered, only the proper sale agreement shall be registered and without registration it is not valid in the eyes of aw. 

Since you have taken legal opinion about the property and confirmed about its genuineness what else is your further query in this regard.
What do yo want to clarify about the safety.

What is your more concern about this.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36790 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer