• Marry Pakistani Christian girl while I am converted Indian Christian


How can i marry a pakistani christian girl while i am a converted Indian Christian and i reside in India and this girl resides in pakistan.

if we are married, what are the consequences that can take place and what is the scrutiny i have to go through according to Indian law.

how will the pakistani girl get an opportunity to visit her family after marriage, will Indian authorities permit for a visit (at-least twice a year)?

Will the girl be eligible to get a job in an private firm after getting married to an Indian guy.

Looking forward for a positive answer.

thank you
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Christian
1. You can register such marriage under Special Marriage Act.
2.No specific scrutiny either of your should go through unless the IB has reason to believe that she or you are Pakistani agent.
3.Well, she is not entitled to any job in India.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13110 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can  get married under provisions of special marriage act with the girl 

2) its required to file a notice of intended marriage with a Marriage Registrar in hyderbad  . That notice is required to be published for the stipulated 30 days. At the end of the 30 days the Marriage Registrar is free to perform the marriage.

The notice of intended marriage can only be given in India, if at least one partner is permanently and the other partner temporarily resident in India.

 After the stipulated waiting period of 30 days the marriage can take place in India. Under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 a certificate showing the signatures of the persons married, the registrar and the witnesses will be issued. This Certificate is required as proof of the marriage and when applying for a visa to for a foreign country.

The following documents are required for both the partners:

a valid Passport
original Birth Certificate showing parents' names
if the person concerned is widowed, the original death certificate of the deceased spouse
If divorced, copy of the final decree
documentary evidence regarding stay in India of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO)

3) she can get visa to travel to pakistan to meet her parents after marriage 

4)foreign spouse can ap[ply for person of indian origin card  :(PIO)

5) she can then work in India 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46626 Answers
2757 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can marry the foreigner as per the provisions of special marriages act. 
She should first apply for a tourist visa valid for 3 months.
You can give  an invitation letter, a scanned copy of your PAN card and return ticket valid for 90 days. 
Next step visit a marriage registrar office in yor locality.
All marriages with a foreigner to be registered under Special marriages act. 
You may fill up the marriage intent form jointly. 
For this they require your age proof, (Passport, Birth Certificate) your address proof ( Passport, Ration Card, Voters Identity card) and Martial status. If any one of the spouse is divorced then the divorce decree along with the judgement copy has to be submitted.  If the divorce decree is in any other language other then English get it translated and attested by your consulate/embassy. Passport size photographs are also to be pasted on this notice. All the documents has to be photocopied at the time of submission, photocopies has to be notarized.  You have to pay a nominal sum as fees for which a receipt is given.
Then after two weeks  visit the Marriage Registrars office for the actual date ot marriage. At this time have all your original documents ready so that the Marriage Registrar himself can verify. After verification of the documents the registrar will give a date for the marriage.  The date of marriage will be stamped on the back of the receipt.
You can choose your date of marriage minimum one month from the date of submission of the form to maximum three months.
The marriage can be solemnised before the registrar. 
Since she will be on tourist visa, you can apply for converting it into short visit visa valid for one year with FRRO.
After that you may plan to apply for PIO status to her since she is married to an Indian.

As far as visiting her country after marriage shall depend on the visa  permission formalities. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36746 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer