• Eviction of tenant without rental agreement in Hyderabad


I have a flat in Hyderabad, which I gave for rent in the month of May'2016. I stay at bangalore. I got a new job opportunity in hyderabad, so that I need to relocate to hyderabad by Jan 5th, 2017. I asked my tenant to vacate the flat by end of Dec, 2016. I informed him on 10th Nov, 2016 through phone. Also i sent a text message on 16th Nov, 2016 to his mobile and whatsapp message as well. He denied the request and saying he will vacate after 2 years. 

We never had agreement. Rent is deposited by cash in bank. 

How much prior notice do i need to give him for vacating the flat?

I would like to know the what law says about this case. 

Please guide.
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
One clear month notice is mandatory to evict a tenant.
If in spite of service of notice the tenant refuses to vacate the premises then suit for eviction remains only option left.
So get prepared for a lengthy battle as eviction suit takes some time to conclude.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13135 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) the mistake you made was you did not enter into regd leave and licence agreement with your tenant 

2) issue notice to tenant  of one month to vacate the premises as you require it for personal use . 

3) if he refuses to vacate file eviction suit 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46709 Answers
2763 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since you do not have a rent agreement or lease deed with this person you should serve a lawyer's notice to him to vacate the flat, and if he does not do so then a suit for his eviction in the civil court is the only remedy. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23120 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In the absence of rental agreement, it can be considered as oral rental agreement.

As per this you can give one month notice advising him to vacate at the expiration of one month time

You can quote that you require the premises for your own use in the notice issued for vacating the same. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36859 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer