We booked a flat in Mahindra city in Chennai from a builder 5 yrs back i.e. in 2012.
Now in 2016 also it is not 100% complete , but the building with basic eminities got ready . We are trying to move in.
The GM (General manager ) of the company who is sitting at the site , under whose control all the things are going on , is speaking to the owners(both men and women) very rudely using bad words and threatening us saying , "you are going to stay her , I will see how you will live here ".
He is speaking like this just because we are asking him why the work that is promised is not done.
He is speaking to owners of the flats as if we are working under him. He is even ill treating the people who are working under him.
Plz help how to proceed .
Asked in Civil Law from Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu
1) don't move into flat unless builder has provided OC
2) OC would imply that building has been constructed as per sanctioned plans and the amenities are provided for
3) if the GM is rude record the conversation and complain against him to builder
4) you can file complaint against builder before consumer forum and seek orders to obtain OC and furnish amenities mentioned in brochure
You should file police complaint about his threat and intimidation.
You should also send him a legal notice to the builder whom you have the agreement.
Hope you have some evidence to show the verbal abuse and insult by the person concerned ., i.e,Voice record,vedeo , any witnesses who heard.
1. For using of any such words you can file both civil suit as well criminal case of defamation.
2. If any major work is not done you can file case beofre consumer forum against deficiency of service as well.
Do this asap to stop this rogue from causing further damage .
The GM has no power to to speak that way to the buyers.
The buyers should gather together and thrash him is he is misbehaving or can even report to police about his rude, arrogant and unbecoming behavior and also for posing threats to the inhabitants.
He is not above law, if the police is not entertaining a complaint given by all those affected, then they may all escalate the matter to the commissioner/superintendent of police seeking its intervention and direction to police to book appropriate cases agaisnt the GM.
Besides you all can lodge a complaint to the company's MD about this harsh and threatening behavior of the GM and request him to change this unbecoming and uncivilized GM.
There is an option to issue him a legal notice for defamation too if his behavior has defamed or insulted yo people.
I dint record his conversation as it happened unexpectedly ... Can I still go to police station?
Asked 5 months ago
You can lodge a police complaint even with out the recorded evidence against him.
You can gather a few people as witness to the incidence.
file complaint before consumer forum against builder and seek orders to obtain OC and furnish amenities mentioned in brochure