• Mental harrassment from a woman

Dear Lawyers,

I seek some valuable advice from your esteem profession.

My name Amit (name changed for identity issue).
I met a girl back in 2013 and have known her since. We were friends in starting but after we started liking each other. But it was after knowing her only i realised she was possesive and authoritative woman. I tried breaking up with her but she harrassed me by calling me 100 150 times a day. She threatened to create a scene an inform my family and spoil our reputation. I kept relation with her as i was forced to. I had some personal problems and was sacked from my job. She promised to help me and we went on a holiday. There she wanted to act like my wife so she put sindoor and mangal sutra which i dint like but she dint listened me and we dint get physical during that time. She took pictures where she is seen with sindoor and mangal sutra and now she is asking me to marry her legally. I tried confronting her but she is not listening and threthens me to ruin my life and career if i dont do she desire. She tried trespassing my house and i was forced to take her to police station where she started crying and police advised me to sort out our differences as they cant do anything because there is no legal document which says we are married. Just those pictures which she took. She tried giving me threat that her dad will bring all goons and force me to marry her or she has taken a advise from matrimonial lawyer saying she has right to do whatever she likes to me. I have got all mails, messages and recording where she is bothering me and talking nonsense. She has given me warning that if i dont marry her she will give me legal notice
My question is what arey rights in such scenario and do i have anything to worry about since she is forcing me to marry her.
Asked 24 days ago in Family Law from Keshod, Gujarat
you cannot be forced to marry the girl against your wishes .

2) you can file police complaint of criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC 

3) if you had sex with her under promise of marriage she can file police complaint of rape against you under section 376 of IPC 

4)in case any false case is filed obtain AB from sessions court and contest the case on merits 
1. WELL, THIS IS A CLEAR CASE OF STALKING AND CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION.
2. I am not sure whether you were physically involved with each other or not.
3.if yes then she can put grave charges like rape and cheating u/s 376, 417 ipc.
4. If not then she could not do much except mentally torturing her.
5. In either case lodge a complaint with local police of her blackmailing and criminal intimidation.
6. For the time being change your number and reside in undisclosed location till calm arrives.
1) file police complaint of criminal intimidation against her under section 506 of IPC as advised earlier 

2) no case of rape is made out as you did not physical relationship with her 

3) you cannot be forced to marry her against your wishes 
1. The only thing you may do in this scenario is to file a suit for permanent injunction to restrain her from harassing or communicating directly or indirectly with you in any manner. 

2. You are under no obligation of law to marry her. If you are served a legal notice then reply to it through your lawyer. 
Do not waste any time.
Inform the police about this.
You had been in a live-in relationship with her all along.

Now if you want to break the relationship, you can very well do so.

The live in relationship is not a bond or an obligation to get married.

If she wants to go legally ask her to proceed because she has to prove her allegations of a valid marriage that was held between you two.

If she indulges in anti social activities against you in this regard, you may aproach police seeking relief. 
Can she put false allegation of rape charges even if i did not did any physical act with her?

Even if she is alleging to  have been raped this shall not be considered as rape because it was consensual hence the police will not register it as rape but can register a cheating case. 

All other aspects can be utilised to defend you during trial of the case if she lodges one.