• Obnoxious neighbour pet problem

I have a neighbour. Both of us live in independent house. His dog always defecates right outside our house every morning. The dog is unlicensed and has no vaccination in place
I complained to the local body. They warned the neighbor against such unruly behavior
 It stopped briefly and then started again. I have CCTV footage to show the dog is that of the neighbor. Should I complain again to local body corporation? Is there any other recourse for this?
Asked 9 months ago in Civil Law from Erode, Tamil Nadu
1) complain to local muncipal corporation against the dog 

2) if no action taken file RTI application as to what action taken on your complaint 

3) you can  also file private complaint with magistrate under section 133 of IPC for public nuisiance caused by dog defecating right outside your house daily 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
32337 Answers
1785 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This would keep happening unless you take your unscrupulous neighbour to the court. You should install CCTV cameras to record what his dog does and then file a suit for injunction against your neighbour to seek a command to him to tame his dog. No complaint to any local body will result in anything productive.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20451 Answers
542 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Local civic body is unlikely to help you much.
File a case u/s 133 crpc in local Magistrate's court which has power to give direction to police to remove this nuisance.
So meet a local lawyer and ask him to do so.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8560 Answers
102 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If the nuisance is intolerable then you may have to approach the local civic body and if you would like to lodge a criminal complaint with the local police about this nuisance you may add a few more incidents to add strength to your complaint and lodge the same.
This may bring the desired relief to you once police is getting involved in it. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
22484 Answers
219 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer