• Can a general POA adjudicated holder sell a property

I owe a general power of attorney [adjudicated  registrar and collector under stamp act  by sub registrar office chennai on 24 12 2007] of my daughter.It consists [1]to buy property clause.....,[2]to accept possession of property.....[3]to give on lease,licence.....,[4]to sign forms , and papers required for the purpose of regn.... [5],generally to do all such acts,deeds,matters and things documents.....[6]to manage all my properties.....,[7]to pay cost,taxe etc........[8] to sell for consideration any part of my property,to recieve the price there of.......[9]for the better doing,performing and executing of matters......[10]I hereby agree that all acts,deeds and things done by the said attorney shall be constued as acts,deeds and things done by me...........j
With this poa ,is there any  refusal sub registry can arise against selling by poa.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from chennai, Tamil Nadu
no your daughter  can execute power of attorney in your favour for purchase, sale  of property and for other purposes . 

however please note that power of attorney has to be registered since it bestows power on you to purchase property on your daughter behalf .

 in absence of registration of POA   the sale deed for sale  of property wont be registered by sub registrar
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47914 Answers
2844 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your daughter may execute a registered power of attorney in your favour authorising you to sell the property in accordance with the law. If it has been registered then you may purchase the property on the behalf of your daughter.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer