• Caught drunk and driving

On the 1st of February, I was caught drink and driving. Though I had just one beer (500ML) about 2-3 hours before getting caught. They made me do the breath inhale testing and according to them it came to 200 which I feel was wrong because I just had one beer. 

They took my license and 5000rs. to which they have given me a receipt and asked me to come to Dadar Court on the 5th February.

Kindly pls advise what will happen next?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Vivek.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Engage a lawyer for your court appearance on 5th February so that he can make sure that this case is buried once and for all as the offence for which you have been caught is punishable with an imprisonment for up to 6 months. You will need to take bail on your court appearance.

Agree with expert

The options you have is to either confess or contest the case if you have self-assurance that the amount of alcohol reported was wrong. It would also be better if you could get opinion on what is amount of alcohol presence in blood on drinking 500ml of alcohol. Maybe you can search it out yourself on net.

However, please note that these are summary trials ending within 6 months. And, if you contest and are found guilty due to blood-alcohol records, you could face imprisonment which is not what you might expect.

thanks.
Feroz A. Shaikh