• What should I do to save my parents

I am subir, working at kochi city, my parents are living at jamshedpur on their own house, i have one brother he had married and have a boy aged on 7 years.
the problem is my brothers wife always misbehave to my parents, using bad language. my brother is not supporting all times, but some times he have to support, every 2/3 weeks there have start a new drama on small small things, and the main problem is one of maternal uncle of my brothers wife is supporting this all , he wants that my brother should be leave my parents, which my brother dont do, because his earning is low , and most part of expenses of my family i have sent from here. 
yesterday again one drama has start, and that uncle had come to our home and say parents that "you all ready to go for jail i will file a case against full family that you are harassing my sisters daughter"

now my parents afraid of this word, my father is above 70 and mom is above 60 years old, my father is also a heart patients.... i try that my parents that they should stay with me, but my father dont want leave his home town and his house, which he had made through very hard work....    

so please advice me what should i do, that my parents does not have to go police station..or harassing  if that person making a false case....

Thanks & regards
Subir Das
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Ernakullam, Kerala
Religion: Hindu
Your father should issue notice to son and daughter in law to vacate the portion of house in their possession 

2) if they refuse to do so file suit and seek orders to direct them to vacate the portion  of house in their possession 

3) there are number of judgments that DIL had no share in property standing in name of her in laws 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46822 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Let your father send a letter by post to the locakl police under copy to the S.P. complaning harassment by his daughter in law.

2. Your mother also can file a DV case against your sister in law.

3. After that your father can file a petition before the Court praying for an order restraining the Mama of your sister in law to enter in to the said house and also direction upon your brother and his wife to vacate the house of your father with in 1 month.

4. If your father does not want to make police complaint and does not want to seek legal remedy by approaching the Court, then he will have no alternative other than facing his abusive daughter in law.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18785 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The remedy is in the hands of your parents alone who are the victims. They may file a complaint case under domestic violence act to seek protection order against their daughter-in-law. If they are to go a step further they may also seek eviction order against their daughter
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your sister in law's maternal uncle has no right to interfere in your brother's married life and he cannot threaten your parents in the manner what you have described.

Since he has threatened your parents, you send him a legal noitce on behalf of your parents asking him to restrain from interfering in your parent's life and in their internal matters. 

Your brother has to be impeaded as a opponent party in the legal notice for instructing him to inform his wife to advise her relatives to not interfere in your internal matters which can be termed as invasion of privacy too.

Further, your parents can lodge a complaint agaisnt the said maternal uncle before the police stating that he threatens them  with an high handed motive.

Alternately you may bring down your parents to your place of working and you can take care of them for the time being.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36975 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer