• Land Ceiling

Land Property belonging to my late grandmother, for whom I have the probate in my name, was acquired by Rajasthan State Govt. in 1988. I have till date not taken any compensation. Can I sell the land on 'as it is where it is basis'.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bikaner, Rajasthan
was award passed by Rajasthan state govt ? have you challenged the award ? please clarify

when  award passed for acquisition of land  by government and you have duly accepted the award of compensation     how can you sell the land ? no buyer will purchase such a land . accept the compensation offered .

If the award was passed by the state government and you did not challenge the same within the limitation period laid down under the law then it amounts to an acceptance of the award. Once you have accepted the award then you have lost the legal right to sell this land. Now recover in accordance with the law the award so passed.