• AP housing board not returning EMD

Sir/Madam. I am Ex-SERVICEMAN and doing a clerical job SBH. I HAVE PAID an EMD OF Rs. 1,35,000/- for a housing project notified by AP HOUSING BOARD under self financing scheme on 28/02/2011. EMD was enhanced in 2014 and another increment of Rs. 73,000/- was demanded. I paid that too. Stating various reasons (viz. change in layout plan, change in unit area, division of AP/TS etc.)  APHB did not start the project till now. When asked through an RTI query Executive Engineer gave reply stating the project has been cancelled and you would get the EMD back soon. But i did not get the EMD back till todate. I want to get back my EMD ASAP and teach a lesson to GOVT for deceiving common-man / doing false promise of affordable housing / Keeping common man's hard earned money (EMD) unaccountable / inordinate delay by Govt Officials in solving issues.
Asked 8 months ago in Civil Law from Eluru, Andhra Pradesh
1) file complaint against housing board and seek refund of money paid by you with interest 

2) also seek litigation costs and compensation for mental torture undergone by you 

You may move the Hyderabad High Court through a writ petition against AP housing board to release your EMD with compensation. This is an expeditious remedy as compared to the consumer forum where it is likely to take time. 

You should make a written representation to the department demanding your EMD based on the information about cancellation of the project and for compensation besides refund of EMD.
If there is no response or the department is still giving flimsy reason for not refunding the amount, you can issue a legal demand notice after that you can file a civil money recovery suit against the Board.