• E katha

I had purchased site in layout which comes under panchayat. It has e katha for total layout land, But not for individual sites. Now I want to take e katha. Whether  individual sites in layout also should already have  e katha, to get e katha on my name now.
Asked 10 months ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
Since the whole layout is declared as E katha there would be required to get declaration for individual site after its divisions into sub plots as e katha as well.
However considering the nature of whole layout there would be no problem to get such declaration for your individual plot as well.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
8571 Answers
102 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

to obtain khatta in your name make application in prescribed form
Copies of Registered title deed
Tax paid receipts
Sketch showing the bifurcation of the property and its measurements
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
32360 Answers
1786 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

As most first time and experienced buyers know, Khata is an important document required when buying or selling any property.
There are two types of khatha, A khatha and B khatha.
A new update in this area includes the inclusion of e-khata. E Khata refers to electronic Khata. It is filed online.
E Khata is not a new document but just a computerized version of Khata that can be availed. E-khata can be availed for only those properties that have been assigned a PID number. Not all properties have PID numbers allotted to them. All properties under BMP have been assigned property IDs or PIDs.
In order to obtain E khata, the owner of A khata shall have to submit a few photographs  of the site, owner's photograph with digital signature and a copy of A khata to the BBMP office or panchayat office. Additionally, a 1% fee in case of panchayat or a 2% fee in case of BBMP, will have to be paid. BBMP office or local body will use the data to allot PID to the property. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
22535 Answers
219 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Individual sites should have a separate katha as the site would derive its identity from its katha.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
20451 Answers
542 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer