• Legality of call recorder on smart phone

I have installed a call recording app on my smart phone from google play store.The phone now records both side of the conversations which includes myself and the other party automatically.For example,i am in charge of looking after the lift maintenance in my apartment.For the operation of the lift ,every year a govt. certified license has to procured from relevant govt authority.The entire process of procurement of such license is done by the lift company against charge every yr.I had a chat this term too,with the official of the lift company regarding this issue and my ph. has recorded the conversation.I have passed on the recording to the secretary directly via ph.so that he can hear the conversation and send instruction to the treasurer to pay off the reqd. charges to the company. at reqd. time to get the work done.I have always used such recordings as reference and nothing else.Is this legal r illegal.Plz advice.
Asked in Criminal Law from Konnagar, West Bengal
This is perfectly legal as you are recording for your reference alone.

You  can  record your conversation with other  party for your record purposes 

2)call recordings are admissible in evidence 

The recorded calls until and unless not misused, it cannot be considered as an illegal act.
In fact there is no rule or law restricting the usage of call recordings for any specific purpose.
As per Indian Evidence Act the call recordings are admissible as evidence in the cases before court provided the necessary conditions are satisfied.
The purpose of recording was not for any wrong usage or for wrong intention hence there can be no legal infirmity in it.