• Meal charge deduction from his salary of a canteen workers

Please clarify or suggest. i have heard that i am in the business for canteen in public sector so please can we deduct food charges from my employee working in canteen since they have taken meals and tea snacks from duty hours
Asked 11 months ago in Labour from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
I would depend on the structure of salary of the employees.
If the salary of the employees is not less than the minimum wages prescribed by the state govt for such sector then you can make further provision for addition or deduction of salary in certain conditions as mentioned by you.

you can deduct food charges for your employees for meals taken during duty hours 

Yes this can be done. 

You please show me the gazette notification which says that it cannot be done. Everything is not written in the gazette, there is something known as 'basic law' and understanding it. 

It depends on the agreement entered between you and the labors you have employed.
If the employment offer letter or the employment agreement do not  cover the provision of food and snacks to the employees, then you can very well deduct mount from their salary for the food they have consumed as per the rates fixed by you or the rates in common.