• Consumer court

I have filed a petition in consumer court against a house building society ltd.The opposite party has alleged in their version reply that my plot was cancelled by town planning authority Unilaterally ,and the opposite party are not aware why they did it. In fact my plot absolute sale deed is also registered prior to cancel.
Where as the truth is that the opposite party had executed Deed Of relinquishment with town planning which i was not aware nor informed.
The opposite party has filed false version,What legal step for this wrong misleading version can i take?Can i file criminal case ?.What is the consequence of misleading the court?
I have filed in my affadivit in the consumer court stating this fact with evidence.
regards
Asked in Property Law from Mysore, Karnatka
Well, all false statements does not attract perjury.
Misrepresentation of fact to suit the case of a party is admissible.
So if there is no truth in the statement of the opposite party then there is nothing to worry.
At the time of hearing you disclose their falsity. You will get justice.

If opposite party has deliberately sought tu mislead court by giving false evidence court can on being satisfied that fakes evidence has been led direct prosecution  of accused under section 193 of IPC 

2) section 193 Punishment for false evidence.—Whoever intentionally gives false evidence in any stage of a judicial proceeding, or fabri­cates false evidence for the purpose of being used in any stage of a judicial proceeding, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine, and whoever intentionally gives or fabricates false evidence in any other case, shall be punished with imprisonment of either de­scription for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine. 

The pleadings are required to be perused to give clear opinion, but if false statements have been made then you may apply to the court to initiate proceedings for perjury against the opposite party. 

If you have brought this fradulent information of the opposite party to the knowledge of court, then you may put forth your arguments favoring your stand and the reason you have approached crt and what relief you have sought against the opposite party and can convince the court accordingly.
If they have mentioned in their counter version denying the allegations agaisnt them, then you can adduce evidence to nullify their statement and highlight their frauds before court. 

1) you can execute specific power of attorney in favour of your hsuband on Rs 500 stamp paper 

2) the POA should be noatrised 

3) based on POA your husband can attend consumer forum on your behalf , file affidavits , engage lawyers etc 

4) mere authorisation letter is not sufficient

You have to execute a power of attorney deed in their favor who shall represent you before the court during your absence.
Besides a petition and affidavit under order III, rule 1 and 2 should be filed.

You have to execute a registered GPA in their favour, an authorization letter shall not suffice.