• Property registry laws

One of my friends' father purchased property in Meerut, GPA/SA/Will all are registered. His father expired. In March 2004 my friend's father did the registry by using GPA in his favor.

So my question is can purchaser do registry in his favor or not?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
you have not mentioned when your friend father purchased property ? when did friend father expire?

you have only mentioned that property was purchased by your friend father through power of attorney and registration was done in March 2004 .
query is not clear . 

based on limited facts available i presume your friend father purchased property through regd power of attorney and registration was done in his favour in 2004 . your friend father is absolute owner of the property . he can sell the property in favour of purchaser .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50931 Answers
3030 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have mentioned that the property was purchased by your friend's father and the will is registered. Do you mean the will of this property made your friend's father? If any will has been made by him then the property will vest in terms of the will. 

When the property has already been registered in his name then the question of it being registered again does not arise. The rights, if any, of your friend are subject to the will made by his father.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24302 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer