• Divorce

if my divorse case is pending for more than a year & if my wife refuse to issue divorse thenwhat will be solution , how long can a divorse case be pending at court
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu
if your wife refuses to give you divorce by mutual consent then in such a case case will proceed on merits . wife has to file her written statement . issues will be framed by court . then you have to lead evidence in support of your case . this can be done by means of an affidavit . you will be cross examined by your wife advocate . after you close your case your wife may lead evidence . cross examaination by your advocate . case will be placed on baord for arguments and finally judgement . it may take couple of years .

if wife does not want to give you divorce case will go on for years . your wife wants your divorce case dismissed and costs to be paid by you for indulging in frivolous litigation

You may move the HC to have the case fast tracked if there is inordinate delay.