• Birth Certificate for Mom

-- Please I would request only Delhi based lawyer to respond here --

Hi, My Mom was born in 1951 in Delhi. She doesnt have a birth certificate and also lost her school records a while back. She does have a passport with date of birth on it but thats it. Both her parents have passed away and no one lives at the address she was born at. How can we get the birth certificate or non availability certificate from local municipal office?

Asked 4 months ago in Civil Law from United States
At this stage birth certificate would no more be issued in her name.
Get an affidavit by her through a first class magistrate and make paper publication.
The affidavit and passport will remain her age proof.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5902 Answers
63 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Non-Availability of Birth Certificate is actually an official statement stating that the birth records of a particular person is not available.

2) take .search at the concerned municipality office of applicant’s place of of birth. If the birth is not registered or it was actually registered but the the registration records is not available due to any reason, then your mother can  apply for 'Non Availability of Birth Certificate' from that concerned department.

3) the following documents would be required

Copy of Passport
Proof for date of birth such as 10th Passing Certificate, school leaving certificate etc.
ID Proof with Place of Birth Address (Ration Card/ Driving License/ Voter ID etc.)
Proof of Place Of Birth (Copy of Hose tax receipt/Allotment letter/Sale deed / hospital record etc.
Affidavit from Parents/Relatives*.

4) since your grand parents are dead affidavit from relatives that your mother was born at the address on so and so date would be necessary 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
24841 Answers
1336 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Your mother can get Birth Certificate by applying the concerned District Collector in writing. In the absence of the records and parent a birth certificate can be obtain by submitting notarized affidavits. The district collector is bound to issue birth certificate after receiving application along with affidavits.   
Lakshmi Kanth
Advocate, Hyderabad
263 Answers
2 Consultations
4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Civil Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
15328 Answers
141 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
24841 Answers
1336 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18884 Answers
473 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12733 Answers
263 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3646 Answers
138 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2895 Answers
44 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
526 Answers
18 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
916 Answers
55 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1955 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1323 Answers
89 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0