• Refund of token money from lodha

I booked one flat in lodha by paying Token amount of 45000 rs.. i was hesitate to do booking that day because I wanted some time and also my wife delivery was due...but that manager assured me by saying and also he showed me one of the customer refund cheque that he will return my money if I change decision.. after one week I cancelled the flat due to my wife medical condition.. manager accepted the request he replied also that we get refund..it's been four months still I didn't get my refund money..I have proof as his mails and more than 50 message's..how to approach consumer court or police ?? Pls help
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Greater Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) since company has failed to refund your token amount inspite of written confirmation that they would do so you can issue legal notice to company to refund your token amount 

2) if they fail to do so file complaint before consumer forum and seek refund with interest , litigation costs and compensation 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44285 Answers
2572 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Before going to consumer forum you should issue a lawyer's notice to him to seek the refund with cost, and if he does not return the amount then feel free to sue him in the consumer forum for recovery of money with interest. Police has no role to play in this.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer