• Buildings Association rules

Hi, ours is a flat in Tamil Nadu. There is no association as such for our Flat. 

The common water tank is being subjected to plumbing work without the permission of one of the flat owner. (others are OK with the work) Is there  any legal action possible to halt the work on common tank. 

Will a recorded statement or call about denying permission hold good anywhere.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
1) if majority of members are willing plumbing work can be carried on in the water tank 

2) written consent can be obtained resolution can be passed for  repairs to water tank 

3) even if you move court stay may not be granted as plumbing is for benefit of all members 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46940 Answers
2776 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

what is your grievance due to the plumbing work in the water tank.

if it is a common problem then an action to stop or stay this may be initiated collectively, but if it is affecting only you then you may have to look for the remedies available 

If this is seriously affecting your interests, you may move an application to the commissioner, Chennai city corporation, seeking relief and remedy for this illegal (?) act. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37121 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the water tank is common the repairs can be made to it on the basis of an agreement among the majority of owners. Unless you have a case that the repairs are being carried out in a manner that would be detrimental to your property you cannot stop it through the court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer