• Distribution of property

I have a matter of distribution of my property. I purchased a flat in Delhi 2003 along with my father. So I'm first owner and father second owner. My father passed away last year but now I want to sell my flat and my family members want share of property, so how it can be divided. We are two brothers and four sisters, and mother. Please advise.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
Share of  your father in the property would devolve upon his legal heirs. You are entitled to beside your half share, a 1/7 share in  rest of property. You can take release deed in your favour from other LRs , get the property mutated in your name and sell it.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
574 Answers
172 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

your father was 50%owner of said flat . on his death his 50%share would devolve  among 7 legal heirs . you can transfer property in your name on receipt of relinquishment deed from legal heirs . apply to society for transfer of father 50%share in your name . then sell the flat and give other legal heirs share i the sale proceeds
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
48067 Answers
2854 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Details given above are sufficient and needs no elaboration.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Your father was an equal owner of this property, Hence, his share will vest equally in all the surviving heirs unless they release their share in your favour by making a release deed.  If they refuse to relinquish their share then they can legitimately stake a claim to your father's share.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23475 Answers
654 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer