• Transfer of Parental Property

Sir, My parents expired in 2008 when I was a Minor. Since then I live with my Grand parents Maternal in Gujarat, What is the process of Transferring the property on my name? The property is in new Bombay.

And since I am still studying in First year I have to pay the Complete Society Charges?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Did your parents die leaving a will? or died without leaving a will. If a will is there, and if the property has been left to you, the will has to be probated in court, after which, the executor of the will can transfer the property to you. If there is no will, and you are the only legal heir, you can swear an affidavit to that effect before a Metropolitan Magistrate, and there after, apply to the Municipal Corporation for mutating the property in your name.
Prabhat Shroff