• Threatening

I have given FIR  regarding threatening me in my office by one labour that he will beat  me outside my office. After the case has been register by the police. Now the labour is asking me sorry for what he had done. I want also to forgive him. Now what can be done so that he is not punishe by law. Also I want to get rid of this case  because I will be transferred to other District. Amjad from  assam
Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law from Tezpur, Assam
Religion: Muslim
1) under what sections has the case been filed?

2) has charge sheet been filed by police? 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44497 Answers
2589 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can give a written application to the police that you do not wish to proceed further. If, however, the FIR has been sent to the court then the offence will have to be compounded with the permission of the court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Once FIR is filed under non-compoundable offence, you cannot withdraw the complaint.

The accused can file quash petition before high court where you can swear an affidavit stating that you have no objection to quash this case or can turn hostile during trial proceedings to get him acquitted.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34631 Answers
373 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer